Belize is welcoming travelers again, with a Tourism Gold Standard program in place designed to keep you safe and recognized as one of the top in the world. See our Health & Safety page for up-to-date details related to COVID-19 vaccinations, testing requirements and everything else you need to know in order to have the Belize vacation of your dreams.
Most packing travel lists contain the major necessary equipment to make the most of your vacation, like chargers, cameras, etc. However, a tropical destination that boasts world-class snorkeling, sandy beaches and dense rainforest, the packing list might need a little more. Here’s all the tech you should consider bringing that is sure to capture the best of Belize.
The Must Haves:
- Battery packs, to make sure your phone doesn’t run out of juice when recording the jaguars at the zoo.
- Portable speaker so you can listen to local artists while on the various tours.
- Underwater camera to capture all of those nurse sharks’ angles.
- Waterproof phone case. Think about all the diving at the cayes you have planned!
- Flatcabled charger, so it doesn’t get tangled up in your bag and is easy access when your phone’s about to die.
- Camera stabilizer. Belize is so small, that you can get from one famous place to another on foot. Using a handheld stabilizer helps capture the best of downtown scenes or those market stalls in San Ignacio.
- Travel Router. Most places in Belize offer free WiFi, however when you’re on the road to a Maya site in Northern Belize, it doesn’t hurt to have a router so you can be posting Instagram Stories along the way.
- Underwater camera Dome. Trust us when we say this will take your underwater photos to the next level. While a bit bulky to lug around underwater, the dome will produce some of the best snorkeling selfies you’ve ever seen.
- Tripod. Traveling solo? Then a sturdy, compact tripod is a great companion when you are trying to nail that Belize Sign photo op in Belize City. Not to mention all the other signs around Belize, too!
For more information on things to bring to Belize, email us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-800-624-0686.