Belize is welcoming travelers again, with a Tourism Gold Standard program in place designed to keep you safe and recognized as one of the top in the world. See our Health & Safety page for up-to-date details related to COVID-19 vaccinations, testing requirements and everything else you need to know in order to have the Belize vacation of your dreams.
With COVID-19 currently ravaging the world, it’s no surprise packing lists to vacation destinations will include a few more things that we are used to. Solely shorts and flip-flops will no longer cut it, so here are Belize travel essentials during a COVID-19 era that you mustn’t forget.
- Valid Passport. Everyone entering through Belize’s international airport must have a valid passport. Make sure yours is up to date and have it handy once you land.
- Hat or Cap. Belize’s weather rarely fluctuates from its sunny, 80°-90°F range, so it would be wise to bring something to shield you from the tropical sun rays.
- Sunglasses. The same goes for your eyes, though we recommend polarized sunglasses which prove to be extremely helpful when going fishing or exploring the Caribbean Sea via boat.
- Cash and credit cards. Most places in Belize will accept U.S. dollars if paying with cash (not coins,) however, it’s always a good idea to bring a credit card along just in case.
- Smartphone. A necessity when completing the Belize Health App, which you can download on the App store for iPhones or here for Androids.
- Swimwear and reef-safe sunscreen. You can’t come to Belize without your swimsuits, and it’s always recommended to use reef-safe sunscreen so as not to harm the corals when snorkeling the Belize’s Barrier Reef.
- Reusable water bottle. In line with Belize’s conservation efforts, bringing a refillable water bottle helps in keeping our environment safe.
- Waterproof camera. Did you really go snorkeling in the barrier reef if you didn’t capture it on your GoPro? Make sure your waterproof camera is all charged up before you dive in.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes. Belize is known to be laid-back and care-free, so don’t be afraid to mimic your style to match the tropical vibes.
- Face masks. In order to follow Belize’s safety protocols, visitors must wear masks at all times when in public or shared spaces.
- Hand sanitizer. Don’t forget to frequently sanitize when moving about the country.
- Eco-friendly disinfecting wipes. Disinfecting wipes are also really helpful and encouraged when going on your Gold Standard tours and experiences. Just remember to properly dispose of them when done using.
For more information on travel to Belize, call us at 1-800-624-0686 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.