2014 “Dia de San Pedro” Celebrations
On June 20th – 29th, 2014, during the vibrant 166th celebration of the “Dia de San Pedro”, journey back-in-time to the humble beginnings of Belize’s award-winning island San Pedro-Ambergris Caye.
Witness the respectful tribute to St. Peter (San Pedro) the island’s most revered Saint who is the Patron of the fishermen community. This celebration honors these founding fathers of the now world-renowned destination, Ambergris Caye!
- Live Musical Entertainment: Mariachi, Marimba and Folkloric dance groups.
- La Bajada del Señor San Pedro (The Descent of St. Peter); June 21st at 4:30 a.m.
- The Novena mass (daily) of St. Peter’s statue; at 7:00 p.m.
- Storytelling: En Aquellos Tiempos; (June 23rd – 27th) 8:00 a.m.
- Art & Photographic Exhibition: Exposé of Old San Pedro; (June 24th – 29th) 7:00 p.m.
- La Alborada: Greeting the Dawn; (June 28th) 8:00 p.m. – Midnight.
- Special Fishermen Mass (Misa de los Pescadores); (June 29th) 4:30 a.m.
- La Bebida: Breakfast; (June 29th) 5:30 a.m.
- Boat (Sea) Procession: (June 29th) Municipal Pier at 6:30 a.m.
- St. Peter’s Special Mass with Bishop; (June 29th) Municipal Pier.
- St. Peter’s Procession; (June 29th) Roman Catholic Church at 5:00 p.m.
Take part in this cultural 10-day festival as St. Peter’s statue is first taken from the San Pedro Roman Catholic Church and placed on the lower alter. For the next ten days the statue will be moved up higher on the alter, until it reaches the top on the last day, June 29th, 2014.
Make sure to join in the daily beach activities happening in front of the San Pedro Roman Catholic Church and be one with the Sanpedranos! For more information, and for assistance in planning your trip, feel free to contact us via email at: email@example.com, or call us TOLL free at: 1-800-624-0686.