Belize is welcoming travelers again, with a Tourism Gold Standard program in place designed to keep you safe and recognized as one of the top in the world. See our Health & Safety page for up-to-date details related to COVID-19 vaccinations, testing requirements and everything else you need to know in order to have the Belize vacation of your dreams.
13th Annual National Tourism Awards 2015
In the cool of the Caribbean breeze, the “13th Annual National Tourism Awards 2015”, made for a night of splendor in the heart of San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, on August 1, 2015!
With the rise of Belize as a top travel destination, the success of this growth is equally reflective in the quality of services provided on a daily basis by our passionate stakeholders and partners.
As the governing body of the tourism industry, the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) recognizes the excellence of its tourism partners through this award-medium. Recognition categories include: “Hotel of the Year,” “Guesthouse of the Year,” “Small Hotel of the Year,” “Major Events and Festivals,” “Tour Operator of the Year,” “Restaurant of the Year,” “Tour Guide of the Year,” “Cruise Tour Guide of the Year,” “Cruise Tour Operator,” “Frontline Person of the Year,” “Hospitality Award” and “The Minister’s Award”.
On the beach of Ambergris Caye’s pioneering tourism accommodation, the San Pedro Holiday Hotel provided an elegant setting with the color themes: red, white and gold, glowing throughout the night.
Performances by “Super Furia Band” and the “Panatics Steel Pan” added to the ambiance of the night’s event as local delicacies were served.
All guests truly enjoyed and celebrated the achievements of their peers, and the Belize Tourism Board’s team, were ecstatic with the Awards’ success!
Winners & Categories:
- “Hotel of the Year” – Gaia River Lodge
- “Guesthouse of the Year” – Hickatee Cottages
- “Small Hotel of the Year” – Table Rock Lodge
- “Major Events and Festivals” – San Pedro Lobster Festival
- “Tour Operator of the Year” – Ian Anderson’s Cave Branch Jungle Lodge
- “Restaurant of the Year” – Chaa Creek’s Guava Limb Café
- “Tour Guide of the Year” – Mr. Desmond Ramirez of Belcampo
- “Cruise Tour Guide of the Year” – Mr. Axel Chavin of Daylight & Darknight Cave Adventure
- “Cruise Tour Operator” – Calypso Train Tours
- “Frontline Person of the Year” – Mr. Roberto Guerra of La Beliza Resort
- “Hospitality Award” – San Ignacio Resort Hotel
- “Minister’s Award” – Mrs. Mariam Roberson
To all winners we say CONGRATULATIONS once again. Keep up the hard work! We look forward to your continued dedication and support!
For more information on this and other events happening in Belize, or to get tips on planning your dream vacation, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us TOLL FREE at: 1-800-624-0686.