Belize is welcoming travelers again, with a Tourism Gold Standard program in place designed to keep you safe and recognized as one of the top in the world. See our Health & Safety page for up-to-date details related to COVID-19 vaccinations, testing requirements and everything else you need to know in order to have the Belize vacation of your dreams.
Caribbean Wedding Destination | Belize Wedding Requirements
As your grand day approaches, there are a few final touches before you have the Caribbean destination wedding of a lifetime. Here’s a checklist to prepare before you, or your loved one, walk down the ‘isle’ in dreamy Belize.
Belize Marriage Requirements:
- You and your fiancé(e) must be in Belize three days prior to applying for your marriage license. Applications must be made at the Registrar General’s Office, Supreme Court Building, Belize City; or at the Solicitor General’s Office, East Block Building, Belmopan.
- You must submit proof of citizenship, such as a passport. You must also have a certified copy of your passport showing your picture and date of entry into Belize.
- If applicable, you need to have a certified copy or original copy of your divorce decree, or a death certificate is required in the event that one of the people getting wed is a widow or widower.
- The license costs USD$100 per couple. There is an additional administrative fee of USD$5. You can get your license within two days.
- If you are over 18 years old, no consent from a parent is necessary.
- There must be two witnesses at the ceremony and the ceremony must be performed by a Senior Justice of the Peace, or a Magistrate of a registered church.
- If your fiancé(e) – or you – is not American, you can visit the Citizenship and Immigration Services web page from the U.S. Embassy of Belize’s website.
- Once you are married, it must be registered with the Belize Registry Department within 10 days after the ceremony.
For more information on getting married in Belize, check out this brochure. Also, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at 1-800-624-0686.