Belize is welcoming travelers again, with a Tourism Gold Standard program in place designed to keep you safe and recognized as one of the top in the world. See our Health & Safety page for up-to-date details related to COVID-19 vaccinations, testing requirements and everything else you need to know in order to have the Belize vacation of your dreams.
After months of planning and saving up for your much-needed time off with your better half, Belize looms in the horizon as the perfect place to propose. What better way to ask your significant other to spend forever with you as the Caribbean Sea stretches forever behind your embracing silhouettes? (Hint: perfect photo op.)
Allow us to share the best spots that will make it hard to say no to your weighted question (not that they’d ever think of saying no!)
5 Places to Pop the Question:
- Xunantunich. With Belize being dubbed the Maya Heartland, it’s a no-brainer that the most magnificent Maya temple would do justice to your enamored gesture. Whisk them to the top of “El Castillo” and as the sun sets behind the temples*, sink to one knee and ask them to marry you.
- Sunset Cruise. Nothing screams romance like a private cruise, and when paired with a sunset it’s almost impossible to not take advantage of that ambience.
- Helicopter Ride. What’s Belize without its azure undulating water seen from above? It’s still pretty great, but sometimes a proposal after a euphoric ride in the clouds is the only way to go.
- In the Barrier Reef. Emphasis on “in.” While it may be a tad more difficult asking the question underwater in scuba gear, there are a myriad of creative ways to propose as the colorful marine life swim around you. We’ll all agree the excited bubbles that ensue translate to an “I do.”
- Waterfall. Belize is teeming with cascading waterfalls and any one of them are up for grabs when asking your beloved to spend their lives with you. Whether from under the gushing water itself or on a rock, let your love mimic the natural phenomena and spill out of you.
The only thing left after becoming betrothed is getting hitched – here’s another article on unique places to get married in Belize. It’s only right (and romantic) to get married in the same place you got engaged! Be sure to check out the list of requirements for tying the knot in Belize.
For more information on romance in Belize, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at 1-800-624-0686.
* In winter months, sun sets earlier than usual so plan accordingly.